• Welcome to the BMW Scooter Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.

Recent content by Ceesie76

  1. Ceesie76

    650GT scooter oil change

    Here's a how-to video on a good BMW motorcycle channel:
  2. Ceesie76

    Ultimate transmission

    Welcome! Since it sounds like you won't be doing your own maintenance and repairs, I recommend you find a good independent shop nearby that can do the work and advise you as to what needs doing from time to time. You'll want to make sure they follow the BMW owner's and shop manual requirements...
  3. Ceesie76

    Piston ring failure, maybe 🤔

    Seems like multiple problems to me; oil consumption points to general wear while the smoke points to coolant getting into the combustion chambers. If I were you I would look for a good used engine rather than looking for rebuild parts etc but if you do go the rebuild route then I suggest you...
  4. Ceesie76

    BMW C650GT Cam Chain Tensioner replacement instructions and parts

    I don't know enough about the engine's workings to say yes or no, but I can see a scenario where compression differences between TDC and other cam positions may cause a different result when swapping the tensioner. My advice would be to stick with the factory procedure.
  5. Ceesie76

    Who sells the best/least expensive variator holding tool?

    Since you're in California I'd be happy to loan you my Easyboost tool set once I return to CA (I live near San Diego) mid-October (in France for the Summer). Just pay postage and promise to send it back ... 😳 And check my signature for Husaberg reference ...
  6. Ceesie76

    C650GT starter relay location.

    In your photo, the small plastic 'box' immediately to the right of the battery labelled "BMW" looks like a relay to me.
  7. Ceesie76

    Timed Out Attempting to Access Site

    Yes, same here, back to normal now it seems. Another forum I frequent recently implemented cloudfare protection due to massive increases in bot visits (as in, daily visits going from say 2,500 to 86,000), over-burdening the site.
  8. Ceesie76

    JCosta Pro Variator

    My C650 has an uncomfortable vibration once it gets to 135 km/h also, but it has fresh original BMW sliders, variator rolls etc. I'm going to replace the rear wheel bearing since it seems not the way how the bike was designed.
  9. Ceesie76

    Beware

    Getting tired of having to constantly replace my headlight bulb at quite high autoparts store prices, I ordered a pack of 10 long-life bulbs off Amazon 2 years ago for $50. Am still on the first of those 10. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWI7LU0?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details
  10. Ceesie76

    Crash bars with lighting mount option install

    Kind of funny they call these engine guards since they do nothing for the engine. Despite being an avid motorcycle rider myself, I often cringe when I see the insane amount of lighting some riders feel they must illegally project onto oncoming traffic, enough to cause some serious eye...
  11. Ceesie76

    Changing the Brake Fluid on the CE 04

    I've done this numerous times on 3 BMW bikes (C650, F800 and K1600) without any issues. Just make sure the reservoir doesn't go empty while you are pumping the new fluid through. I've also done this on plenty other ABS equipped scooters and cars without any problems. I recommend getting the...
  12. Ceesie76

    High mileage...

    Location is Poland so would be in km
  13. Ceesie76

    Rear hydraulic brake failure.

    Not hard, especially since you can apply pressure to the brake levers with one hand, and open and close the bleed nipple with the other. Supposedly the ABS pump has to be 'cycled' when bleeding the brakes but I've never done so without any ill effects.
  14. Ceesie76

    oil change intervals,time vs mileage

    The standard advice is to change engine oil at least annually regardless of mileage. I have some vehicles that, like your C650, don't do many miles and those I change the oil every 2 years, sometimes 3.
  15. Ceesie76

    Telescopic fork oil and seals change on 2017 c650 sport

    Well I am in France until November and my service manual is in California, so I can't access it right now. I do suggest you buy your own copy, much easier than having to rely on others to do the work for you.
Back
Top