• Welcome to the BMW Scooter Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.

Recent content by husafreak

  1. H

    BMW C650GT Cam Chain Tensioner replacement instructions and parts

    Can the non hydraulic cam chain tensioner be replaced with the crankshaft in any position? The BMW manual attachment in post #3 has the engine turned to TDC requiring extra steps for the job but I don't see why that should matter if simply replacing one good (old) part with another (new) one.
  2. H

    Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner Installation Success (with a few anxious moments)

    I am finally doing preventative maintenance on my 2016 C650 Sport at 12,500 miles. Since I will have it apart for a new chain adjuster rail and CVT belt/rollers I decided to install a new BMW non hydraulic cam chain tensioner. An easy additional job with the plastic off. I believe this part...
  3. H

    Who sells the best/least expensive variator holding tool?

    I have been advised by getBMWparts.com that the tool will come from Germany and could take 4-6 weeks. Well, I am not in a hurry, but if it never comes I'll be in touch ;)
  4. H

    Chain Rail Replacement

    I had a look inside my swing arm this morning. I never saw pics quite like I took so I'll add them here. In one pic I have inserted a bamboo skewer into the hole that denotes a first step chain rail. It is almost impossible to see that hole but it is there about 1/2" in. The next two shots show...
  5. H

    Who sells the best/least expensive variator holding tool?

    That is very nice, thank you. I did find an OEM BMW tool for about $60 so I went ahead and bought that this morning :( I'm an impatient guy. I did see your Reference :) FWIW the first enthusiast forum I ever joined was when I had a Husaberg 470, also blue and yellow (2001?) Long gone now but...
  6. H

    Roller weight comparison on C650 Sport (24-22-20gr) using Obd data and Pbox

    Excellent.. That is the middle of the range, much appreciated.
  7. H

    Roller weight comparison on C650 Sport (24-22-20gr) using Obd data and Pbox

    Is this it? https://ebay.io/m/I56fPn There are a lot or rollers out there and the Dr Pulley ones aren't round so I'm not too sure about them being for an OEM BMW variator. Thanks.
  8. H

    Roller weight comparison on C650 Sport (24-22-20gr) using Obd data and Pbox

    I looked at Dr Pulley Rollers for the C650 Sport. They range from 22g to 45g! I guess Malossi offers a lighter roller and different weights, Dr Pulley does not make 24g. I will look for the Malossi store next.
  9. H

    Roller weight comparison on C650 Sport (24-22-20gr) using Obd data and Pbox

    OK, good. Since my belt is 10 years old I will replace it. I saw the Easyboost YT video and saw that their tool set can do more than just the belt job. It may be my only option. The rollers are another component that splits home mechanics between those who see a need to replace them and those...
  10. H

    Chain Rail Replacement

    Also did you re-use the old gasket with the Permatex Gasket Maker just slathered on it?
  11. H

    Who sells the best/least expensive variator holding tool?

    Time to replace the drive belt. Besides the OEM BMW tool (which I have not priced) where can I get one? The Easyboost tool set will cost me over $200 (still less than one hour of BMW shop time) but I like the BMW tool as it is simply one piece. It looks like a better design. Does anyone else...
  12. H

    Chain Rail Replacement

    Thanks for this helpful thread! The manual for my 2016 C650 Sport has the chain replaced at 12,000 miles and then at 24, 000 mile intervals after that. Rather odd. Maybe 12,000 (20,000 km) is not necessary? I will certainly check which chain rail is in place and chain slack. I bought the bike...
Back
Top