• Welcome to the BMW Scooter Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.

Recent content by wspollack

  1. wspollack

    check engin light

    How old is the battery, and also have you checked that its terminal bolts are tight?
  2. wspollack

    Things I've learned repairing my C400gt post accident

    Thanks for the heads-up on the scroll wheel. Looks pretty nice, and I'll keep it in mind (but so far the wheel is holding up okay). I should have guessed you'd be aware of Phad. I would not have tackled that project with his help, and so, like you, my goal was to help out other owners, when I...
  3. wspollack

    Things I've learned repairing my C400gt post accident

    @DickyKnee : Very interesting and informative reports. I don't know how I missed your original posts, although I had a lot of medical issues going on in August. PhadMotorrad helped me immensely in determining what parts I needed to have TPMS installed on my '23 C 400 GT (see...
  4. wspollack

    Top case selection

    I don't know whether this helps you or not, as I don't have a CE-04. However, a couple of years ago I mounted a Shad 59X on my C 400 GT. I wrote a post on this: https://www.bmw-scooters.com/threads/c-400-gt-shad-59x-with-room-for-a-passenger-mounted-on-bmw-luggage-rack.3221/ And I have about...
  5. wspollack

    C 400 GT: Loop Northeast of Albany, NY, Then Into VT, MA, and Back to NY

    With the riding season nearing an end around here, I went for a ride yesterday (clockwise): I covered some roads that I hadn't been on in NY, in Washington and Rensselaer counties (that's the area going south, from the upper-right corner of the map. Here are some chunks of that ride (in order...
  6. wspollack

    C 400 GT: Loop South (East Side Of Hudson River), East Into CT, North Into MA, Then Back To NY

    I went for a ride on my C 400 GT two days ago, doing this (counter-clockwise) loop from the Albany, NY, area: Here are a couple of short chunks of that ride (30FPS, 4K). NY Rt. 22, Columbia County (NY) Rt. 21, Harlemville Rd. (13 minutes): Columbia County (NY) Routes 28B & 32 (5 minutes):
  7. wspollack

    C 400 GT: Loop Straight South of Albany, NY, Then Meandering West & North

    I went for a ride two days ago, going a little farther south than I usually ride in that direction, and then going in a pretty random manner west and north, trying out some roads I'd never been on (clockwise): In case anyone will be in the region, and so may be interested in some...
  8. wspollack

    BMW Motorrad mobile app Make Life a Ride

    @MWicked : 1) I have a '23 C 400 GT (and before that, a '22 C 400 GT), not a CE-04, but I've been reading the forum for three years now and don't recall reading any posts in which much love has been expressed for BMW's app. As you note, the interface leaves much to be desired. Also, the...
  9. wspollack

    Timed Out Attempting to Access Site

    For most of this (Sept. 5, 2026) morning, I was unable to access the forum. Attempting to refresh the WHAT'S NEW page (https://www.bmw-scooters.com/whats-new/) on either my desktop Firefox browser or my phone's Safari browser, eventually I get this message: (By the way, I just stay logged on...
  10. wspollack

    C 400 GT: Did 0-60 MPH Test a Week Ago

    For anyone interested, I did a 0-60 test on my '23 C 400 GT recently: This was near the very end of a six-hour (including an hour for lunch) goofing-off day, so the bike was certainly fully warmed up. By the way, I did prior tests on this scooter -- 10.3, 9.0, 9.5, 9.4, respectively (and one...
  11. wspollack

    C 400 GT (Pre 2025): GoPro Front-of-Windscreen All-Metal System Replaced Suction-Cup Mounting System

    I know this is a remote possibility, but on the off-chance that anyone else is interested in this stuff, I just finished replacing my suction-cup mounting system for my GoPro with an all-metal system. I have been using this Panavise-based system on my C 400 GTs ('22 and then '23) for four years...
  12. wspollack

    Malossi clutch and variator

    1) I don't do my own maintenance -- I'm pretty old and creaky, and so confine my activities to electrical farkles -- but I just looked at the shop manual, and, as you opined, it states that the big underseat washtub needs to be removed: 2) WARNING: If you've never removed that washtub -- or...
  13. wspollack

    C 400 GT: Loop Southwest of Albany, NY

    I went for a ride yesterday, going southwest of Albany, NY, on my C 400 GT scooter (counter-clockwise): I had lunch in Delhi (NY) -- that's the partially obscured name, at the westernmost point in the map -- at the Blue Bee Cafe (www.facebook.com/bluebeecafeNY), which is a very nice place, if...
  14. wspollack

    C 400 X/GT: Rear Fender/Mudguard -- My DIY Instructions (Was Help Wanted [SOLVED])

    Not that I'm aware of. The guard is attached to other stuff, which in turn are attached to the moving swing arm. That is, the whole mess moves with the tire/swing arm combination, so nothing should change -- over bumps, not over bumps -- in terms of the distance of the mud guard from the top of...
  15. wspollack

    C 400 GT: Loop In Great Sacandaga Lake Area W/ Friend On 411 Himilayan

    I went for a ride with a friend yesterday. I led the way on my hooligan C 400 GT (as opposed to my Royal Enfield Meteor 350), followed by him on his RE 411 Himilayan. Here's where we went (clockwise), but he had to call it a day early because some family issues arose -- hence the highway stint...
Back
Top