• Welcome to the BMW Scooter Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.

Recent content by Putnam

  1. P

    Chain Rail Replacement

    My chain got to about the same point (on full tension) as yours before I changed the rail to N2. There is no need to pour Bmw gear oil, I got some nice Ipone for 20$/lt. Great pics btw, this will help others.
  2. P

    Roller weight comparison on C650 Sport (24-22-20gr) using Obd data and Pbox

    24 gr are round ones for the Malossi variator which my scooter has. If you have the stock variator, try dr pulley sliders, anywhere between 43 gr (which I wouldn’t) to 28 gr (there are plenty of owners who tried and were very satisfied). For your use, I would try 38 or 36 gr
  3. P

    Roller weight comparison on C650 Sport (24-22-20gr) using Obd data and Pbox

    24 gr rollers is the best overall setup. I have a custom made locking tool for the variator, which I also use for other scooters. I also use and impact wrench, where I first measure the axle distance to the ramp plate with a vernier caliper, mark it, and it seems to work also fine (I have...
  4. P

    C 600/650 drivetrain sprockets change tutorial?

    There is a "window" on the side of the chain's casing, where you can check the chain slack. There is an arrow where it points to the maximum position of the chain. Use a screwdriver to get the chain to the top position. If the middle of the chain (where the pins are) passes the point of the...
  5. P

    C650 sport performance test

    I want to share my recent findings on the C650's sport performance. The scooter has a full exhaust and a malossi variator. For more than a month, I have installed the 20 gr rollers. I started with 24 gr, then changed to 22 gr and now 20 gr. All roller setups have been tested in acceleration...
  6. P

    C 400 GT: Did 0-60 MPH Test a Week Ago

    It would be nice to time a 1/4 mile. Also interested in trap speed at 1/4.
  7. P

    Roller weight comparison on C650 Sport (24-22-20gr) using Obd data and Pbox

    Hi all, Since I got my 2016 C650 Sport, I’ve been trying to get the maximum performance out of it. I got it recently, and it already had a Malossi variator and an Akrapovič muffler installed. The first step was to install Arrow headers, and later on, I started experimenting with different...
  8. P

    2016 C650 sport obd log

    I did another obd log now trying 20gr rollers on the malossi variator. As you will see, rpms not got to the sweet spot, 7000-7300+ at wot. I will post another topic comparing 24 - 22 - 20 gr rollers.
  9. P

    2016 C650 sport obd log

    In search for the optimum “cvt setup” for maximum acceleration/top speed I did another experiment. What we know is that during acceleration, rpms need to be at least 7300. Ideally 7500-7700, depending on mods like high air flow exhaust or ecu tune. I know that jcosta does exactly what is...
  10. P

    2016 C650 sport obd log

    In case anyone is interested, I did some obd logs on my scooter to check mostly rpm at different speeds, intake temp, ignition timing. The scooter has a full exhaust (akrapovic muffler/arrow headers combo), Malossi variator with 22gr fitted and white Malossi contra spring. This short trip...
  11. P

    C650 sport performance test

    I thought there was an ECU restriction, probably not.
  12. P

    C650 sport performance test

    Hi, I have just did a top speed test on my 2016 c650 sport (Malossi variator 22gr + full decat exhaust). I got 184,9 km/h gps speed from the pbox as the rpm hit the limiter. Shouldn’t there be an ecu top speed limiter at 180?
  13. P

    JCosta Pro Variator

    It's been several years, but, did you tune the ecu? Ever dyno'ed again?
  14. P

    C650 sport performance test

    When you want maximum performance, you need to fix rpm to peak hp (ideally crank, not whp). On a scooter, to have this information, is very difficult, practically impossible, so you need to count on the manufacturer's data. If you lock the variator and perform a dynorun, you will get whp per...
  15. P

    C650 sport performance test

    Quick update: I changed the rollers from 24 to 22 gr. I did the same acceleration test, did the 100-150 km/h in 7,4 seconds, which is the same as for the 24 gr. According to bmw official dyno (crank) curve, peak power is at 7500 rpm (60 hp) where at 7000 it's almost the same (59+) and at 6500...
Back
Top