• Welcome to the BMW Scooter Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.

Recent content by Tron

  1. T

    Adaptive headlight in the US?

    Hmm, my European friends tell me that it's really visible and also very useful.
  2. T

    Adaptive headlight in the US?

    It really seems like we have a different headlight, possibly totally without that adaptive headlight. Even though it's in my build sheet. The EU version has a symmetric light, low beam on the bottom and high beam on top. The US version has the low beam on the right, and high beam on the left...
  3. T

    Adaptive headlight in the US?

    To y'all in the US that have the adaptive headlight (that's supposed to illuminate curves better by activating additional LED's): does yours actually work? Mine doesn't, at least I can't see any difference when I go into a turn. Some say that it's been deactivated in US models due to US...
  4. T

    Lighting - what works?

    Funny, on the US version the right knob controls the low beam up/down, and the other controls the high beam. I think the headlights are different over here. For example, the low beam is a lamp only on the right-hand side of the headlight, while the high beam is a separate lamp in the left side.
  5. T

    Top case selection

    I have that, too. Watertight (personally tested :rolleyes: ) and enough room for helmet, jacket and back protector.
  6. T

    Software update 2026

    Not really necessary unless you store the scooter for months on a low charge. That's what the battery management is for.
  7. T

    Software update 2026

    I guess only BMW can tell you that. I know that the restricted version (11kW) has the same battery as the unrestricted version, just less usable energy. So if you can get it unlocked after getting your license, I would expect you to have the full 8.5kWh available. But yes, if you ride it down...
  8. T

    Software update 2026

    There's ongoing controversy whether a A1-CE04 can be "opened" up to the unlimited version or not. Some dealers apparently can do it and did it, but the official stance seems to be that it's not possible. So you'll just have to approach some dealers in your vicinity and ask.
  9. T

    Wunderlich CE-04 rear light protectors

    For a replacement, look for a S1000R indicator, they're essentially the same (much cheaper, too) but with a shorter cable. Meaning you'll only have to dismantle the indicator housing instead of half the scooter and can then solder on the new indicator cable onto the leads that are already there.
  10. T

    Software update 2026

    That's two things that have nothing to do with each other. Nobody knows why, but BMW decided to cut the usable battery capacity on the 11kW models. That's nothing a software update is going to change.
  11. T

    BMW Motorrad mobile app Make Life a Ride

    Honestly, I see the navigation thingie as an add-on, that would be nice to have working better, but not a deal-breaker in any case. The bike is nice, nothing really to complain about. And just about no motorcycle you can buy has a built-in navigation, even if that's something people would expect...
  12. T

    BMW Motorrad mobile app Make Life a Ride

    For the navigation part, I 100% agree. It works kinda, but it's not very intuitive nor very good. Which is why I've bought a 7" smart display I've mounted on the handlebar cover that runs Android Auto from my phone. Much better navigation.
  13. T

    Adjusting the charge settings

    Yes, that range change is likely due to reset riding measurements. But your dealer really should do the update for free, especially as it's in warranty. Mine did.
  14. T

    Software update 2026

    Not for any vehicle. Electric motorcycles (and EV in general, but motorcycles are affected more because of the much worse cv vs cars) suffer a higher penalty in energy consumption over speed than gas motorcycles do. That's because an electric motor is rather efficient at low speeds, but a gas...
  15. T

    Software update 2026

    That just means the software is a bit more optimistic now. If your real-world range (on the same ride and with nearly identical conditions and using most of the battery along the way) is longer now, I would be very surprised. You can see that clearly when you switch modes: with a full battery...
Back
Top